Are you a developer or designer looking to be part of some fresh projects? Let’s team up if you like Cliff’s ideas below.
Specializing in big, relevant thinking, if that’s a thing
I’m Cliff, and I own and operate TourKick. In work and life, I always try to do my best and treat others the way I’d like to be treated.
I initially created TourKick to provide real estate video to Tulsa, hence the name. But when I started it with this initial service, I knew I wanted the name generic enough to work for my future endeavors. And it has for a while now.
I’ve enjoyed learning many lessons from my various experiences since becoming an adult:
- moving to a new region of the USA (WI to OK)
- completing college (including MBA)
- working for a large employer
- being a real estate broker
- providing a variety of online and offline services (content creation, WordPress products and services, marketing and business consulting, small business technology services, business card printing, SEO, SEM, SMM, and other stuff)
I’ve come a long way, and I’ve got a long way to go (don’t we all), and I’m sure it’s now time to expand to a team to work on good ideas I don’t have time or über coding skills to accomplish on my own.
While I am multi-skilled and an overall smart guy, I believe changing from “do it all myself” to being part of a team will allow me to be part of bigger and better results.
Some of My Ideas
Like what you see?
In addition to being available for client customization work as it comes (which isn’t my focus), I have a few projects I’d like to bring to life.
Here are some ideas I want to work on with a crew (different team per project or same team for multiple projects), in no particular order:
- a fill-in-the-blank style journaling app (like contextual Mad Libs) to help those who struggle getting into the flow of writing about their own experiences so it becomes routine and a user is keen on keeping up with it even though its primarily for their eyes only
- a SAAS product (considering open sourcing it) for real estate brokerage management to make the business of real estate more enjoyable, efficient, and provide a better client experience:
- roles and permissions
- task manager
- client portal
- parsing incoming emails and sending customizable emails
- digital signatures and document management
- HR features
- APIs and integrations
- and more
- a unique “digital business/contact card” service (sometimes the best ideas are simple; I’m really excited about this one for that reason)
- a site dedicated to free stock media (photos, video, templates, fonts, etc) that’s safe for commercial use, like CC0
- several WordPress products, some free, some to be monetized:
- an events plugin that handles “tours” (multiple destinations during a single event), a PDF flyer generator, integrates with Google Calendar, has “events near me” filtering, and more
- a RETS plugin that actually works and makes sense (there’s really only one decent option and it’s not great and somewhat expensive)
- add-ons for a variety of popular products (WooCommerce, EDD, iThemes Exchange, Visual Composer, etc, etc)
- a drag-and-drop front-end editor with more of a focus on marketing and conversion, including A/B testing and analytics/reporting
- theme(s) based on Semantic UI (yes, I know this exists)
- a Buffer-type post publishing scheduler
- some utility plugins, likely freebies
- in-depth code tutorials
- And more!
I have more ideas than time and coding skills! And that’s what I’m excited about.
Like What You See?
No matter where you’re located, let’s explore what we might be able to accomplish together
I believe great results come from caring about what you’re working on.
I’ve shared some of my ideas above so you can chat with me about what you’re interested in and grow excited about. You may not be 100% into WordPress or might not care about real estate software, but you might enjoy a coding challenge that you’ve identified from the list above. As long as you’re positive and plugged-in to a project (and competent of course),
I’m not looking for a “code mercenary” (a person primarily concerned with material reward).
I’m looking for English-speaking people with an abundance of morals and coding, design, or other valuable skills who want to participate in one or more of these ideas.
Unfortunately, I don’t have deep pockets (actually, pretty shallow atm) to just order some software to be built and check back in on it a few weeks later, but I believe that constraints can be beneficial.
Starting with constraints can make a project start out more focused (MVP) while keeping the long-term in mind from the beginning (allowing more rapid future enhancements). For example, it takes more elegant thinking to pack more computing power into a smaller size device.
Let’s be professionally passionate together
I’m a Christian, techie business man who cares about people. Most of my ideas are related to making people’s lives easier and better. I like leveraging computing power to improve accuracy and provide humans with opportunities for new and exciting endeavors.
I am also very interested in monetizing things (for both of your and my benefit) so I can better provide for those in my circle (family, you, others) and continue developing products, which I thoroughly enjoy.
I don’t want you to be the same as me, but I do want us to be like-minded and do what we’re good at and enjoy.
Here are some ways in which I can provide valuable leadership:
- improving user experience (UX)
- speaking both dev and layman’s terms to translate user feedback into solutions
- providing great customer service
- authoring documentation
- strategizing and researching product ideation and monetization
- and more
I’ll do my best to treat you well and compensate you via ROI. We can discuss expectations and compensation up-front to maximize long-term satisfaction.
Please contact me if you’re interested in teaming up! (Even if just committing temporarily during your downtime or for just one project.)
Got a pal? Bring them along too!