Our example/typical YouTube video link for this tutorial is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69hADT4pWWc
Link to a video – Start at any time position
Start playback at time position 1:20 (1 minute and 20 seconds into the video): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69hADT4pWWc#t=1m20s
- Add #t=1m20s after the video’s URL
- FORMAT: t=XhYmZs –> X hours, Y minutes, Z seconds
- NOTE: If there’s already a “#” or “hash” or “pound sign” in the URL, you’ll need to change from #t=1m20s to &t=1m20s
- Link to this video but play it in a specified playlist – URL would be: http://www.youtube.com/tourkick#p/c/90C758B87DE51065/0/69hADT4pWWc
- Link to this video; play in the playlist; start at position 1:20 – URL would be: http://www.youtube.com/tourkick#p/c/90C758B87DE51065/0/69hADT4pWWc&t=1m20s because there’s a # already in the URL
Link to a time position in your YouTube comments
When commenting on a video, you can type 0:45 in your comment, which will become a link to 45 seconds into the video. You could use this to direct your comment to a specific part of someone’s video.
For example (not commented on any video):
0:45 I really liked the camera angle.
1:58 How’d you get the sky so blue?
We’re video experts. Have a question or need professional media services? We’d love to hear from you. Please contact us.