Originally published April 2013. Updated May 2018:
- Download the .zip from GitHub and extract it to your Downloads folder.
- Follow the instructions at https://fontawesome.com/get-started/desktop to get it installed to your computer.
- Open Adobe Photoshop; then, open or create a document you want to edit.
- Open the Type Tool, in preparation for copying and pasting text.
- Find the icon you want to use:
- Paste the selected icon into Photoshop.
- Just like customizing any other font character(s), feel free to change the text color, blending options, and resize as desired.
With Font Awesome accessible to your design programs on your local computer, you can now create custom images, include fonts on your business card designs, make website mockups, and more.