Frame Rate or FPS (Frames Per Second) refers to the number of unique consecutive images (i.e. frames) displayed per second in a video. It is common for video to play at approximately 24, 25, 30, or 60 FPS. In other words, TourKick videos are like having 30 unique, consecutive, HD photos displayed every second!
The Undeniable Value of Professional Real Estate Photos
Last September, Redfin’s The Real Estate Scientist wrote their article “A Picture is Worth a Thousand Dollars. True or False?” (and reported by WSJ in October), where they concluded:
It turns out that in most cases the answer is a resounding, “Yes!”
- Listings with nicer photos gain anywhere between $934 and $116,076.
- You are likely to receive thousands more if you list your home using DSLR photography than if you used a simple point-n-shoot camera to take the photos yourself.
- It stands to reason that spending the $100 — $500 on professional photos is a worthy investment of your marketing dollars.
- Let’s not mince words: If you are not using professional photography to market your home, you are not really marketing your home.
- Homes shot with a DSLR camera:
- Receive an average of 61% more views than their peers across all price tiers.
- Have a 47% higher asking price per square foot.
- Have an increased likelihood of selling for homes priced above $300,000.
- Stay on the market an average of 10 days longer across all price tiers.
- Homes with professional photographs get more page views and ultimately sell for a higher price, but they surprisingly take slightly longer to sell.
Be sure that you, or your agent, invest in nice listing photos. A professional-looking photo dramatically increases the likelihood that a potential buyer will click through to view your listing, and drives more buyers to tour your home. Ultimately, the more people interested in your house, the better your chance of receiving an attractive offer. A photo really can be worth a thousand dollars.
Videos outperform Photos
If professional photos are worth at least double their investment ($1,000+ return from spending $100 – $500), think how much more effective professional video marketing is!
If an average Internet video is 1-3 minutes long, like TourKick’s real estate video tours, and assuming a 30 FPS frequency, that’s 60 seconds x 30 FPS = 1,800 unique frames/images/photos in a 1 minute video! Not only are there 1,800 images, but they:
- Flow Together. They’re connected, unlike regular photos.
- Immerse Viewers. Pressing “Play” is more immersive than clicking “Next Photo” 20 times.
- Invite Showings. Video shows off a listing like stand-alone images just can’t.
- Show Up. Search engines reward videos by displaying videos more prominently than other content types.
- Get Noticed. There are less homes competing for viewings when buyers search for listings with video.
- Show Off. TourKick’s High-Definition (HD) videos are worth watching, worth sharing, and worth investing in.
Be sure that you, or your agent, invest in nice listing
photosvideo. A professional-looking photovideo dramatically increases the likelihood that a potential buyer will click through to view your listing, and drives more buyers to tour your home. Ultimately, the more people interested in your house, the better your chance of receiving an attractive offer. A photovideo really can be worth more than a thousand dollars.
TourKick offers professional photo and professional video services, in addition to other media, tech, and design services. Great photos are great, but there’s nothing like video… And there’s nothing else like TourKick!